Sunday, July 29, 2012

A letter to a 20 year old me

I found the concept of writing a letter to oneself very interesting.So here's my take.
Dear 20 year old me,


  • You will get married in a few months now,so be prepared for all the big changes you'll come across.You will argue with everyone saying nothing is going to change,but believe me change happens and you will handle it easily.So worry not.
  • You will go on your first abroad trip and will have your first fight with your husband(something about which you will later laugh about).Keep your cool:)
  • You will move to a new place(which you will come to love!)and miss your family terribly and cry at the drop of a hat even though the husband is making sure to keep you happy throughout.Accept the change.
  • You will start cooking on your own which would be a disaster first but slowly and steadily you will pick up the art and even start a food blog!Keep trying.
  • You will have many new friends,you'll know what it is like to hang out late in the night and you'll have fun.Enjoy it fully.
  • You'll think you are done with school and college but you will do a full fledged one-year course in a regular college and a post graduation too.Work hard.
  • You will come to realize relations are not exactly like how you thought them to be.Some people whom you trusted so well will back stab you and strangers will become your soul keepers.Stay Calm.
  • Shit happens and more so from your relatives.You will face lots of mean talks from cousins and relations whom you thought were close to you.Ignore it.
  • You will develop a wonderful bond with your mother-in-law and find solace in her when you feel low.You will cry on your mom's shoulders and your mother-in-law would give you the strength and the support.
  • You will get what you waited for a long long time only to be taken away after a while.Surprisingly,you will cope up with it well with the support of the husband and family.Be strong.
  • You will move into your own house and feel mighty proud of it.So listen to the husband when he says -start saving:)
  • You are going to have the best time in your life and believe me,the best is yet to come.
Love,
30 year old me.




5 comments:

  1. That was a very nice post.. So happy that you are posting again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my one-of-the-few readers,your feedback means a lot to me:)

      Delete
  2. Loved each one a lot ! So true ! And coincidentally I was also planning to do exactly this kind of writing on my new blog corner ;-) ..... luvd especially the 'be brave' part, happend to me quite a lot of times.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roopa for taking time to comment here.As mentioned in my reply to the above comment,I have a handful readers for this blog and it really means a lot when I get feedback for the posts here.

      Delete
  3. Divya,tis is such a nice post...keep going :)

    ReplyDelete